This employment page will be updated when job openings for the City of Poquoson are available. The City of Poquoson's application can be downloaded here.
Starting annual salary: $30,550
Performs intermediate administrative work assisting with the registration of voters, answering inquiries concerning voter registration laws, providing information to the public concerning registration and voting, preparing, updating and maintaining voter records and files, and related work as apparent or assigned. Work is performed under the limited supervision of the Registrar.
General knowledge of federal, state and city election laws; general knowledge of voting procedures, maintenance and protection of voter registration lists and records; general knowledge of standard office procedures, practices and equipment; general knowledge of personal computers and associated hardware, software and peripheral equipment; ability to type accurately; ability to communicate ideas effectively in both oral and written forms; ability to follow oral and written instructions; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Electoral Board, associates and the general public. Must be a registered voter in Virginia. High school diploma or GED and moderate experience in an office environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
A completed City application, which can be downloaded from this webpage, is required and must be submitted to the Poquoson City Manager’s Office, 500 City Hall Avenue, Poquoson, VA 23662, (757)868-3000 no later than 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, December 11, 2013. A detailed description of the position is available upon request. The City of Poquoson is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Provides customer service, direct leadership, and supervision of the sports leagues and practices at School facilities and fields as directed.
- Open/close and supervise gym facilities.
- Enforce facility rules, and playing rules with patrons
- Provides for a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Maintains and operates the proper use of equipment and supplies by participants for a variety of sports.
- Completes and maintains proper forms, reports, and information for staff.
- Enforces facility, equipment, and program rules and regulations, taking appropriate disciplinary action with participants when necessary.
- Administer first-aid, if necessary
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to Provide program set-up and take-down
- Knowledge of basketball and/or volleyball league rules and equipment and other sports as needed.
- Ability to keep score and clock for basketball.
- Present a neat and professional appearance and attitude.
- Able to diffuse conflict effectively when necessary.
- Prefer training in First Aid and CPR training.
- Work effectively and communicate with the public, supervisor, and fellow employees.
- Follow written and oral instructions.
- Must pass criminal history background check.
- Must be 16 years of age or older
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds. employee may be required to push, pull, lift, and/or carry up to 50 pounds
- Must be available: Hours are Monday-Friday 5pm-10pm Saturdays 8-9pm and Sunday 12-9pm
- Hours are seasonal and part time. No benefits.
Open Until Filled with Desired Candidate.
Complete Application and Return to Poquoson Parks and Recreation
830 Poquoson Ave. 868-3580