Parks & Recreation: Home
Enriching our City through People, Parks, & Programs
Office Contact: 868-3580
Hours are 8:30am-4:30pm Monday-Friday
Weather Hotline for Youth Athletic and Outdoor Programs: 868-3584
Contact us by Email
Poquoson Pool Hours
Saturday, June 15 12-7pm
Sunday, June 16 1-7pm
Admission Information: Age 6-Adult $5.00
Age 3-5 $3.00
2 and under Free
Additional $1.00 per admission for non-residents.
Season Passes: Cash or Check Accepted at the Pool.
Cost per pass per person is $50 Ages 6 to Adult
$30 for age 3-5
2 and under Free
Non residents cost is additional $10.00 per pass.
Please note: Children ages 9-13 may not stay alone at the pool unless they have successfully completed the
swim test. This test must be given each year. To stay alone you must be a resident.
The Poquoson Barracuda Swim Summer Swim Team
is now registering for the 2013 Summer Swim Season.
If you are new to the Team, Swimmer Evaluations will be held
Tuesday, May 28 at 5:30pm at the Poquoson Pool.
For More information and details about the team Download the below documents
The 2013 Swimming Lessons Schedule and Registration Information
Registration for 2013 Sessions is now available.
Session Length: For sessions 1 thru 4 swimming lessons are taught Monday thru Thursday for two weeks.
Friday serves as a weather make up only.
1. Registration is taken at Poquoson Parks and Recreation. No call in registration is taken and no spots for classes are held by calling in.
2. Switching from one session to another: If for some reason you need to move a child from one session to another, this must be done at the Parks and Recreation Office in Person. No Switching is permitted over the phone and new paperwork must be completed to do so to request the switch.
3. Children may only be registered for one session at a time. Once the session has completed 1 week (half through the classes), parents are encouraged to discuss progress with your instructor about re-enrolling for the next session.
4. Refunds are only given in the event of sickness with a Doctor’s Note. However, if space is available children can be moved to an alternate session. This notification must be done in person, and must be given prior to the start of the first class meeting time. No make-ups are given for vacation/sickness or other absences. If a child misses the last day of their class, progress certificates will only be available up to 5 days following the day of your last class. After that time the Instructor holds no responsibility for paperwork.
5. Pool staff reserves the right to combine or cancel levels when class minimums are not met.
Level Classes: $55.00 Little People, Ducklings: $45.00
Non-residents: Additional $10 per class, per child, per session.
Students may only enroll in 1 session at a time.
6. Children registered for a class which they are not qualified for or, may be overqualified for, once evaluated at the first class meting, will be placed correctly at a time where there is space available, as to not overload classes. This may or may not be at the original hour of time based on availability.