HRSD, your regional wastewater treatment utility, continues to work to replace a sanitary sewer pipeline located along Wythe Creek Road. This work should take place primarily during daytime hours. Due to the nature of this upcoming work, some periods of 24/7 "around the clock" work may be required to install the utility pipeline.
- In the upcoming days, pipe installation work by means of horizontal directional (HDD) drilling will occur from the Carey's Chapel/Wythe Creek intersection to the Victory/Wythe Creek intersection and may require around the clock construction during some periods.
- Driveway access in the vicinity may be impacted during some of this work. If access could be impacted, the contractor will notify homeowners in advance to make arrangements.
- Equipment set up will begin as early as March 6. HDD will begin as early as March 8 and is expected to continue through the end of the month.
- If "around the clock" work is expected to occur, residents closest to this work will be notified by the contractor.
- Be aware, traffic patterns will shift and will include partial lane closures. Periodic lane closures will be in effect with flagging operations for motorists.
While the HRSD project team works diligently to minimize impacts, there will be increased noise, traffic, crews, and heavy equipment (with back-up safety alarms) associated with construction. Please take care when traveling around the construction area and for your safety, do not enter the site.
Please visit the project's webpage https://www.hrsd.com/wythe-creek-road-sewer-replacement for more information and updates.